Live free and Hullabaloo forever!!!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Chance to be a 'Tweener

You know it isn't very often that an opportunity like this comes along and if I was a young musician looking to further my musical career I would be doing everything I could to earn a 'Tweener position.

OK, so maybe it is a bit of a silly name and maybe you aren't quite sure what it means, so let me help. 'Tweener is a part contraction of between (tween) and name for a person who is between two things (er). In this case the two things are Main Stage acts at the Larlee Creek Hullabaloo and the person between them is going to get a chance to perform a short set, probably 10-15 minutes on Main Stage while the crew changes the stage for the next act. Put it together and you have yourself a 'Tweener, the coolest thing to hit music since the synthesizer.

Imagine that. A young performer, unknown except to friends and family, with a chance to step onto a stage with professional musicians to perform in front of hundreds of music fans. Pretty darn sweet.
But WAIT! There is more! The 'Tweener also has full access backstage to meet and talk with the other performers. Fantastic.

I wish I could be a 'Tweener, but I lack the talent. If you have the talent or knows someone who does get them to call Heidi at 273-5272 or 273-3080 as soon as possible. There might still be time to registar.

The Larlee Creek Hullabaloo, bringing music and dreams to the valley.

I Hullabaloo, do you?

No comments: